S/4389 Antique Treen 19th Century Pipette in a Boxwood Case
An interesting glass pipette in a conforming and well turned boxwood case, which was used for transferring or measuring small quantities of liquids in chemistry or by pharmacies. The screw top is stamped Gilbertson, London.
Henry Gilbertson and Sons, 2 Pilgrim Street, 2 Ludgate Street/Ludgate Hill, wholesale glass manufacturer: 1884, Business Directory of London: Henry Gilbertson and Sons, 2 Old Bailey, EC smelling bottle makers, dealers in duggists sundries, medical glass and earthenware, court plaisters, lint, medical chests etc. In 1889 the partnership was dissolved between Henry Gilbertson and Edmond Gilbertson, styled as Henry Gilbertson and Sons and sold to Richard Dobson Dixon, John Dowell and Albert Brooks Vobe Taffs. In the Post Office Directory of 1895: manufacturers of druggists sundries, 11 St Andrew Street, Holborn, London.
The pipette is in working order and the case has an excellent colour, condition and retains a patination.
6¾ in. (17 cm.) Wide
1¼ in. (3 cm.) Diameter English Circa 1860